Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Calling ALL Prayer Warriors!!

PLEASE pray for Jonnae!!!!!!

Jonnae's Test Results 4/21

The "giant" lives and Jonnae has one last stone to take him out.
The bone marrow aspiration confirmed that Jonnae's leukemia is back. Well, actually it wasn't gone completely. Apparently one cell can be hiding out and that's enough for it to split, multiply and eventually "explode" into blasts of cells, which is what has happened. So here we go again. It didn't take two minutes for Jonnae to say, "well I've gone through this twice, I can do it again." Each time she relapses her chances are slimmer to beating it. The doctors aren't real hopeful and really paint a grim picture. It doesn't shake her. She is a ROCK. Amazing, strong, unbelievable don't explain this angel I call my daughter.

Our plan of action is to start her on some vincristine and steroids tomorrow to "put a cap on it" long enough for her to go home, spend some time with her family, friends and beloved dog before aggressive chemo begins on Monday. This is a one last shot effort. After a week of chemo, we wait for a period of two to three weeks to see if she goes into remission and then we go into a maintenance phase before going at it some more. If she doesn't go into remission it's only a matter of time before we lose. There isn't much hope beyond that. This is really a "shot in the dark" for there are no answers at this point.

I have alot of emotions going on. I don't want to think about losing her, but I must not turn a blind eye to that possibility. I feel I am as prepared as a mother can be, but don't really know if I am. How could I be? All I can do is keep a constant eye on the coach of all coaches. Live by His word, know and trust that I/we are exactly where we are supposed to be and continue to rely on His mercy and grace to carry us through this unceasing storm.

We will go home tomorrow, check labs on Thursday, she's planning a sleep over with friends on Friday, looking forward to watching Nolan(my oldest son and her bone marrow donor) get ready for his prom on Saturday, and a family reunion on Sunday. It will be a full weekend for sure.

Please pray for all of my children. They have been through so much and it's apparent that this is changing who they are. I want to believe they are stronger for it, but they've endured alot of pain and still suffer too. Nolan is taking this the hardest. The younger three 10,12,14 try to put up a strong front, but I can see their sorrow.

I don't know that there is anything more difficult, but I know we will be okay. I know it!!! Just getting everyone else to know it is the thing. Again, to only follow Jonnae's example. She is the epitemy of how to live positively. I'm so very blessed to be her mother and to witness her strength over and over.

Thank you for your continued support and prayer. You have no idea how it lifts me.

Blessings, Denise


4/21/2008 7:58 PM


Photobucket

3 comments:

Kelly Olexa said...

Denise. I don't know what to say other than you are in my prayers. Keep the faith.

C2 said...

You know you can count on me!

Suzanne said...

You *KNOW* I'm praying!!!