Monday, April 6, 2009

The Perfect Bowl

We know the power of prayer and I believe if we tell someone we are praying for them then we should be. But at times it can be a little overwhelming to remember everyone and their needs.

I had a friend tell me about a prayer bowl.

"Try a prayer bowl," she said. She told me that she keeps a small bowl in her home, and whenever she gets a prayer request she writes it down on a slip of paper and drops it into the bowl. "A couple of times a day I put my hand into the bowl and read through a hand­ful of requests."


So, I am thinking whenever I receive a prayer request or hear of someone in need, I will write it on a slip of paper and put down the date. Then drop it in the bowl and pray. Lord, I pray, please re­member everyone in this bowl. Some of the prayers have been, "Katie's son in Iraq," "Judy's breast cancer" or "the sale of Bob's house."

May your will be done, I add.

My friend said her bowl is always full. But she never feel overwhelmed anymore. Just the opposite. After a month or two she takes out the slips of paper to see how many of the prayers have been an­swered, and then she adds one more prayer of her own: Thank you, Lord.

I thought it was a great idea.

Photobucket

Prayer Promises

Jer 1:12............I am ready to perform My Word.

Jn 16:24..........Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.

Mt 21:22..........whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.

Jer 33:3..........Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things...

Jn 14:14..........If you ask anything in my name, I will do it.

Jn 16:23..........whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you.

Jas 5:16..........The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

Job 22:27........You will make your prayer to Him, He will hear you...

1Jn 5:14..........Now this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

1Jn 5:15..........And if we know that He hears us, whatever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we have asked of Him.

Jn 14:13..........And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Isa 55:11.........So shall My word be that goes forth from My mouth; it shall not return void, but it shall accomplish what I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it.

Jn 15:7............If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you.

Mt 18:18..........Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

Mt 18:19..........Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.

Jn 15:16..........You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.

Jer 29:12..........Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.

Isa 65:24..........It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer, and while they are speaking I will hear.

Ps 91:15..........He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.

Ps 141:2..........Let my prayer be set before You as incense, the lifting of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

1 comment:

C2 said...

What a great idea. I was going to write about prayers on my blog soon and how when we tell people we will pray for them, do we ACTUALLY? I always wondered.

I know I always have a time in my day that I set aside just for prayer requests. That way I don't forget them. :)

LOVE YOU!