Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Walking down that Narrow road...

Yep, that is me. I am trying to hard to keep my life on the narrow road. Spiritually I have been so dry and I don't feel alive like I know I should be feeling. So I am keeping my focus on Him. I love driving to work worshiping Him in the morning. Praying to help me walk in the spirit and not the flesh. Praying prayers of healing for family, friends and even people I don't know. (Californai residents) We must remember how powerful prayer is. I don't think God wants us to be all fancy, just pray.

I love this ...

"Love is kind" (I Corinthians 13:4)


One translation of this simple verse says that, "Love looks for a way to be constructive." In other words, love looks for ways to improve someone else's life. Love brings out the best in other people. Don't just get up in the morning thinking about yourself or how you can make your own life better. Think about how you can make someone else's life better. Ask yourself, "Who can I encourage today?" "Who can I build up?" You have something to offer those around you that no one else can give. Someone in your life needs your encouragement. Someone in your life needs to know that you believe in them. I believe God will hold us responsible for the people He's put in our lives. He's counting on us to bring out the best in our family and friends. Are you improving the lives of those around you? Are you giving them confidence? Ask the Lord to give you creative ways to encourage those around you. As you sow seeds of encouragement and bring out the best in others, God will send people along your path that will build you up so that you can move forward into the blessing He has in store for you.

A Prayer for Today

Father God, thank You for loving me. Thank You for believing in me and always building me up. I ask that You show me creative ways to encourage and build up the people around me. Help me be an example Your love today and always. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

3 comments:

C2 said...

You DO encourage others Tracy. You just don't realize it! Keep on keeping on!

Love you!

~ Elizabeth

Tina said...

Tracy,
You don't know me, but I have been stalking your blog for sometime:) I am a BLF'er gone Tony Diva working to get to the competition stage. I read your blog many times front to back, and each time I find something inspiring that I missed before. I love the four agreements...thank you for reminding me I have to get that book out again! Your competition photos are amazing, a true inspiration mentally, physically, and spiritually! Something I said to Stacy a while back and is probably so true for you too is that... You are so full of good stuff, mind is always racing with inspiration, idea's, positive thoughts, that sometimes it can be exhausting to no end! IMO, your road is probably feeling narrow because you need to rest, reanalyze, and take a deep breath, enjoy the quiet...and prepare for the road to widen, so you can choose which great paths to follow ...Thank you for your blog, it makes me feel great each time I read it!!! Tina

Barbara said...

Thank you for your comments Tracy...

How is your fitness going these days? Sounds like you are on track for some personal bests.

Cheers