Friday, June 1, 2007

Please consider making a donation!

Kiss "Leuk" goodbye!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

My oldest daughter, Jonnae, was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (we refer to it as "Leuk") in April 2005. When "Leuk" hit her the hardest, she still amazed us with her spirit and attitude. Her two and a half year fight with "Leuk" is almost over. I think my participation in a triathalon is the perfect way to mark Jonnae's victory. Its a win for everyone. She will be done with the spinal taps, bonemarrow aspirations, blood transfusions, hospital stays and drugs and will be "Leuk" free, I will be pushing myself to new heights, accomplishing something I've never done before and we can thank the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society for the contributions they have made, by funding more research so that we can KISS LEUK GOODBYE FOREVER! Welcome to my Team In Training home page.

I am training to participate in the Walt Disney World Triathalon as a member of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Team In Training. All of us on Team In Training are raising funds to help stop leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin lymphoma and myeloma from taking more lives. I'm completing this event in honor of all individuals who are battling blood cancers, especially in honor of my sweet Jonnae. These people are the real heroes on our team, and we need your support to cross the ultimate finish line - a cure!

Over the course of the last two and a half years, many people have asked for us to let them know if there is anything they can do. My answer has always been to pray, but now I'm asking for additional support in the way of a donation. Please make a donation in honor of Jonnae and to support my participation in Team In Training and help advance the Society's mission. My fundraising goal is a lofty one, I set a goal of $7000, representing a $1000 for each member of our family.

I hope you'll visit my web site often. Be sure to check back frequently to see my progress. Thanks for your support!

http://www.active.com/donate/tntky/tuffstuff

No comments: