Saturday, May 12, 2007

Day 5 - Rarity

Denise sent me the most wonderful book The Greatest Miracle in the World. I know there are many people out there reading this so I won't say too much, but I just can't quit thinking about the second law that is stated in the book.

Proclaim Your Rairity!

This really hit me hard. It's amazing if you really think about it..how God created us each so different...and instead of embracing our rarity we often complain and daydream about things we would like to change.

Read this...

But who did I bring forth?
YOU! One of a Kind. Rarest of rare. A priceless treasure, possessed of qualities in mind and speech and movement and appearance and actions as no other who has ever lived, lives, or shall live.
Why have you valued yourself in pennies when you are worth a king's ransom?
Why did you listen to those who demeaned you?
Take Counsel. No longer hide your rarity in the dark. Bring it forth. Show the world. Strive not to walk as your brother walks, nor talk as your leader talks, nor labor as do the mediocre. Never do as another. Never imitate. For how do you know that you may not imitate evil; and he who imitates evil always goes beyond the example set, while he who imitates what is good always falls short. Imitate no one. Be yourself. Show your rarity to the world and they will shower you with gold.

Isn't that just AWESOME!!!

I think the most important thing to remember is that there is ONLY one Tracy Jeffries. No one can be me. God made me unique and precious in his sight. He made me at a very specific time for VERY specific reasons

I am special to God in a way NO one else can be--WE ALL are. Do I love all of my children with the same amount of love--of course! Do I, "however" treasure the unique WAY that I love each one of them differently through the relational aspects that make them unique? Of course!!!

How unique am I? How important is my calling in this world and in my SPECIFIC life?

Read the folliwng verses VERY carefully and then watch this:

24"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. 25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. 26From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. 27God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. 28'For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring.'
ACTS 17:24-28

Did you HEAR what Paul Said?????? he said that GOD ...the Lord of heaven and earth..made each and every single one of us "AT A VERY SPECIFIC time....and for a VERY SPECIFIC reason"

For what purpose? To seek, reach, find Him and LIVE i and through Him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I am not an accident...neither is the place where I live, or the people I know and love...ALL have purpose....for ME in time and space. WOW!!! Praise to be to Lord who loves us and keeps us!

We are the Apple of His EYE and he's watching us and protecting us:

Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings (Psalm 17:8).

2 comments:

zooman said...

Here's to you and hoping you have a great Mother's day. Todat is YOUR day!

Unknown said...

The memorandum never loses it's beauty. There are too many wonderful words to soak in and partake, what an amazing gift; and how it makes me smile to know you cherish it as much as I do.

I love ya sister! :)
Denise